Rabu, 21 Oktober 2009

MTV News

MTV News


Justin Timberlake 'Not The Type Who Rushes' A New Album

Posted: 21 Oct 2009 03:52 AM PDT

'For me it is about the process — the discovery of whatever it is it's going to be,' singer says of finding his new sound.
By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Matt Elias


Justin Timberlake
Photo: MTV News

Justin Timberlake brought sexy back in 2006 with his second solo album, FutureSex/LoveSounds, and since then he's kept himself busy working in the studio with a myriad of other pop stars ranging from Madonna to Rihanna. But fans eagerly anticipate what Timberlake has up his sleeve for his next musical venture — but it could be long wait.

These days, Justy T is a little too busy concocting hits for other artists to pen any of his own. "We just went into the studio with Jamie Foxx and did a couple things for him and it was kind of nice to write R&B again," he told MTV News. "It was kind of refreshing, and I feel like we're putting a new spin on it — but as far as things for myself, I haven't really made a commitment in my mind about what I want it to sound like."

Timberlake is waiting for some inspiration to hit him before he decides on his next solo direction. "So, until it kind of slaps me in the face, I'm going to tinker around with everything," he said. "I'm obviously not the type of artist who rushes anything. I've done, like, two records in the last eight years."

Timberlake enjoys the process of making music too much to rush it. "You know, I just believe that the process is what it's really all about. And if you make the process [like] what I was able to have the luck of tapping into for the first two [albums], the end comes out the way it comes out," he explained. "For me it is about the process — the discovery of whatever it is it's going to be. That's the most fun part."

Related Videos Related Photos

Omarion Is 'Definitely' Going To See 'Michael Jackson's This Is It'

Posted: 21 Oct 2009 03:52 AM PDT

'I really feel connected to him, just like the world does,' O says of the late pop star.
By Eric Ditzian, with reporting by Matt Elias


Omarion
Photo: Arnold Turner/ Getty Images

As "Michael Jackson's This Is It" documentary gets closer to its October 28 theatrical release date, finally giving fans a chance to see how the King of Pop's last days unfolded, artists whose careers have been influence by MJ have been speaking out about him and their excitement about the film.

Ne-Yo said he'll be one of the first in line to catch a screening, while Justin Timberlake is looking forward to the most intimate portrait yet of the fallen icon. Now former B2K frontman Omarion has aired his thoughts on "This Is It" to MTV News, admitting that while he plans to see the doc, it remains a "touchy subject" for him.

"[Jackson] did not just inspire everything that I do, but I really feel connected to him, just like the world does," O explained. "And from an artist's standpoint, these are the things that I have to ask myself, like, 'Why did everyone draw to him the way that they drew to him? Why did everyone feel the way that I feel about him?' And I mean, like, not 10,000 people or 100,000 people. I mean, like, 10 million — millions and millions."

Omarion recalled the first time he saw MJ in concert. He couldn't remember the exact time period, but the impression the show left on him was unforgettable.

"My mom took me because my mom was a fan, and I had this big Michael Jackson T-shirt on, and we were in, like, super, super-high nosebleeds, but I felt him all the way in the nosebleeds section," he said.

So while Jackson's passing — and the film that follows the singer as he prepped for his London comeback concerts — remains sensitive territory for O, he's certain he'll be finding his way to a theater to take in the action.

"I'm definitely going to check out the film," he said. "It's sad that he's gone, but I'm definitely going to carry it on for him."

Don't miss "Michael Jackson's This Is It" Premiere Special, airing on MTV and VH1 on Tuesday, October 27 at 8:30 p.m. ET! "Michael Jackson's This Is It" opens in a limited engagement on October 27 and and wide on October 28.

Check out everything we've got on "Michael Jackson's This Is It."

Snoop Dogg 'Loves' 'True Blood,' Wants To Be A Vampire

Posted: 21 Oct 2009 03:52 AM PDT

Plus: Killer Mike talks collabo with Gucci Mane and Drake, in Mixtape Daily.
By Larry Carroll


Snoop Dogg
Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/ Getty Images

Celebrity Favorites

"Everyday is the same thang, I creep in/ It's like 'True Blood,' I sink my teeth in/ I gotta have it."

Vampire Bill, look out — fellow bloodsucker Eric Northman may not be the only fanged man in Bon Temps, Louisiana, that has his eyes on your beloved Sookie Stackhouse. Snoop Dogg says he wants to swoop into town and cause some havoc.

"You know I'm down with it," Snoop said of name-checking the popular HBO series on his new single, "Gangsta Luv." "I love that show. I wish I could be on it. I'd be a hell of a vampire, don't you think? So what's happenin'? 'True Blood,' get at me — Snoop Dogg wants to be a vampire."

We can see it now: The Dogg facing off in a fight to the death with Lafayette in a season finale.

The Streets Is Talking: News & Notes From the Underground

We still call him Killer Kill when we see him! Mike Bigga (a.k.a. Killer Mike) told us recently he definitely jumped at the chance to get on the record "Street Cred" with Gucci Mane and Drake. But don't think he got sheepish for one second rapping alongside two of the guys that made this year's Hottest MCs in the Game list. Mike has got down with the elite from the beginning of his career, from Outkast to T.I. (Mike is signed to Grand Hustle) and now with Gucc and Drizzy.

"Gucci called me. He said, 'I wanna get you on a song.' It's me, him and Drake — go figure. I love it.

"Everybody is different on 'Swagger Like Us,' everybody is different on 'Forever,' " he added about the variety of styles you get on "Street Cred." "I'm murderville a track. I'm going spazzmatic. You know what I'm doing. I'm rapping like my jugular is popping out my throat. That's what I do. I'm like, [look out for] that and a song with me and Tip that No I.D. produced."

Mike, who released the Underground Atlanta compilation in late August, says 2010 is going to be his year, especially with a solo album coming out on Grand Hustle.

"I think next year I'mma make sure the sleepers ain't sleeping," he added. "I'm here. I appreciate the artists who have recognized it — from Gucci to Tip, to Dro to Kuntry — that have helped me put the mashed down and just let them know I'm finnin' to have my hand pressed firmly against the game's neck next year."

For other artists featured in Mixtape Daily, check out Mixtape Daily Headlines.

Related Videos

Rihanna Plays 'Russian Roulette' On New Single

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 09:22 AM PDT

Haunting ballad, penned by Ne-Yo, seems to refer to an abusive relationship.
By Jocelyn Vena


Rihanna's <i>Russian Roulette</i>
Photo: Island Def Jam Music Group

Yes, the wait was ova on Tuesday (October 20) at 11:23 a.m. when Rihanna released her first single from her forthcoming album, Rated R. The song was written and produced by Ne-Yo, who's worked on several of Rihanna's hits, including "Hate That I Love You" and "Take a Bow." Their previous efforts together have always been about the ups and downs of love, but fans won't be able to listen to this single without thinking about her former relationship with Chris Brown.

The nearly four-minute-long song, which is available to stream on her site, opens with a searing guitar solo that transitions into a pulsing beat, which stays constant during the eerie, haunting ballad. Without saying anything literal about Brown assaulting Rihanna in February, "Russian Roulette" seems to be about an abusive relationship.

The track opens with Rihanna softly singing: "Take a breath/ Take it deep/ Calm yourself/ He says to me/ If you play/ You play for keeps/ Take the gun/ And count to three."

The Russian roulette metaphor continues in the chorus, in which she sings, "And you can see my heart beating/ You can see it through my chest/ I said I'm terrified, but I'm not leaving/ I know that I must pass this test/ So just pull the trigger."

In the next verse, the song's character seems scared that the man speaking to her will always have power over her: "Say a prayer to yourself/ He says close your eyes/ Sometimes it helps/ And then I get a scary thought/ That he's here means he's never lost."

Before the song ends with a gun being cocked and fired, Rihanna sings, "As my life flashes before my eyes/ I'm wondering, will I ever see another sunrise?/ So many won't get the chance to say goodbye/ But it's too late to pick up the value of my life." Her voice soars into the chorus one last time.

In artwork for the single, Rihanna wears a blond, slicked-back Mohawk, an eye patch and a corset. She's topless and tied up in barbed wire, but she looks defiantly at the camera, mouth slightly open, as she holds a chain hanging from the ceiling.

On Tuesday, Rihanna also announced that her forthcoming album, out on November 23, will be called Rated R. Def Jam also announced that the song's video, shot by "Take a Bow" director, Anthony Mandler, will premiere soon on ABC.

"The best and safest way I can say this is that Rihanna has some stuff to say and she's going to say it," Ne-Yo told MTV News before the song was released. "And she ain't going to make no apologies for it. ... I've heard a good majority of the album ... world, get ready. That's all I'm going to say: World, get ready."

Related Photos Related Artists

Chris Brown 'Fan Appreciation' Tour Dates Confirmed

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 02:01 AM PDT

Domestic-violence intervention organization among nonprofits receiving portion of ticket sales.
By MTV News staff


Chris Brown
Photo: C. Brandon/ Redferns

Chris Brown's forthcoming tour, which the singer began publicizing weeks ago, was confirmed by his label on Tuesday (October 20). According to a press release, the trek will be "a small, 19-city 'Fan Appreciation' tour to acknowledge and thank his fans for their ongoing support. The tour is conceptualized for and with 'fans only' in mind, so intimate venues were selected for these concerts."

The tour begins at the House of Blues in Houston on November 14 and ends December 15 in New York.

A portion of the proceeds from this tour will be donated to Best Buddies International. Founded by Anthony Kennedy Shriver in 1989, Best Buddies is a non-profit organization devoted to providing friendships, jobs and leadership opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. While on tour, Chris plans to visit with Best Buddies participants, as well as encourage his fans to consider volunteering their time to work with those in their own communities who have intellectual and developmental disabilities, the release states.

The Jenesse Center, a domestic-violence intervention not-for-profit organization, will also receive a portion of the proceeds from ticket sales.

The singer recently filmed videos for two songs from his forthcoming Graffiti album: "I Can Transform Ya" and "Crawl."

In addition to the tour dates, Brown will also perform at New Jersey's Giants Stadium next Tuesday.

Chris Brown tour dates, according to his label:

»11/14 Houston @ House of Blues
»11/15 Dallas @ Palladium
»11/18 Los Angeles @ Avalon
»11/19 San Francisco @ The Fillmore
»11/22 Richmond, Virginia @ Landmark
»11/25 Detroit @ Royal Oak
»11/26 Chicago @ House of Blues
»11/29 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida @ Revolution
»12/1 Atlanta @ CenterStage
»12/4 Washington, D.C. @Warner Theater
»12/5 Providence, Rhode Island @ Lupo's
»12/6 Boston @ House of Blues
»12/9 Sayreville, New Jersey @Starland
»12/11 Baltimore @ Sonar
»12/12 Wallingford, Connecticut @ Chevrolet Theater
»12/13 Philadelphia @ Electric Factory
»12/15 New York @ Nokia Theater

Related Videos Related Artists

Tokio Hotel Are Just Like Us -- Only With Better Hair And Makeup

Posted: 21 Oct 2009 03:52 AM PDT

Despite their otherworldly image, Bill Kaulitz and company are just regular guys, in Bigger Than the Sound.
By James Montgomery


Tokio Hotel's Bill Kaulitz
Photo: Miguel Villagran/Getty Images

"I just turned 20," Tokio Hotel frontman Bill Kaulitz sighed. "I'm so old."

It was just a throwaway comment, an aside made during a professionally lit, 55-minute interview. And yet, it was also incredibly telling. Because in that one moment, the kid who said it — the same kid who was decked out in a studded black leather jacket, fingerless gloves and skintight Jack Skellington trousers, the same kid whose eyes were ringed with raccoon makeup, and whose hair stood three feet above his head in flamboyant Mohawk — actually appeared to be nothing more than your average, run-of-the-mill 20 year old. Because it was exactly the kind of thing an average, run-of-the-mill 20 year old would say.

This was important, because based on everything I'd read or seen about him, Bill Kaulitz was far from average, run-of-the-mill, or even 20 years old. His hair seemed impossible, his eyebrows inhuman ... it wasn't a stretch to assume he wasn't quite real. I don't think I was alone in these assumptions, either: They just don't make humans who look like him.

But when Kaulitz sat down with the rest of his Tokio Hotel mates (his twin brother Tom, stoic bassist George Listing and everydude drummer Gustav Schafer) for an interview with MTV News, I learned that everything I'd assumed about him — or the band, for that matter — was wholly, totally incorrect. Tokio Hotel aren't rock stars or space aliens or dark angels ... they're just like us. They've just got better stylists.

I know this because I got to see the Tokio Hotel most fans don't. I witnessed four twentysomethings (at 22, Listing is the band's elder statesman) behaving exactly the way you'd expect twentysomethings to behave: Cracking jokes about each other's bathroom habits, obsessing over Megan Fox, busting on the one guy who spends too much time on the phone with his girlfriend (again, Listing). They bragged and boasted and knocked each other down a few pegs, they made the occasional obscene comment, obsessed over video games ... it was strangely amazing. Before my very eyes, away from the squealing fans and the paparazzi photos, Tokio Hotel transformed into the kids I lived in a dorm with freshman year. The same kids who are probably punching you in the arm as you read this right now.

Tom is the alpha male, the one with the most female admirers and the biggest, uh, ego (or so he claims). He's constantly messing with his younger (by 10 minutes) brother, joking about Bill's lack of girlfriends or how he used to beat him up in the studio. Bill takes it all, because he's the sweet, good-looking one, the focal point of the group, and he knows it. Schäfer is the silent guy, cocksure and steady, deceptively funny. And Listing, by virtue of being the oldest member of the band (and the only one with a girlfriend), is constantly ragged on by everyone else: He's the old man, the guy who doesn't go out to the clubs anymore. Grossvater, as the Germans put it ...

There's a deft dynamic to it all. It's a hard thing to explain, but suffice it to say, you probably know what I'm talking about. Because you know guys like Tokio Hotel — you might even be one of them. Beneath the makeup and beyond the millions of albums sold, Tokio Hotel are apparently just four totally normal dudes in their twenties.

Because although I'm not a normal twentysomething anymore (not by a long shot), once upon a time I was ... which means that even I can relate to the guys in Tokio Hotel. There was a time when I used to think 20 was so old too. And there's nothing wrong with thinking that, even when you realize it's not true. In fact, it's pretty normal.

Related Videos

Michael Jackson Honored On 'Dancing With The Stars'

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 07:41 AM PDT

Show's professional dancers pay tribute with routine set to MJ medley.
By Jocelyn Vena


Michael Jackson
Photo: Sony

On Tuesday (October 20), "Dancing With the Stars" featured a performance by Norah Jones and the elimination of Olympic swimmer Natalie Coughlin and her partner, Alec Mazo. But the real highlight of the night came when the show's professional dancers took time out of their busy competing schedules to pay tribute to Michael Jackson, who had a tremendous influence on dance culture during his career.

Host Tom Bergeron noted that throughout the show's four-year history, Jackson's songs have been used by the contestants 17 times. Pro dancer Louis van Amstel reflected on Jackson's influence: "It's really important to do this tribute because he pretty much opened doors, and I thank him for opening doors for all of us."

Mark Ballas loved channeling Jackson the several times he danced to his tunes on the show. "It just felt so great to dance to MJ songs and feel his moves," he said. "He's just an inspiration to all of us. He will be missed."

"He gave the world so much happiness and joy, and his music will live forever," fellow dancer Kym Johnson added.

As several Jackson family members sat in the audience, including Jackson's mom, Katherine, and siblings Jermaine and La Toya, the dancers took the stage to pay a special ballroom tribute to the late superstar. "Michael Jackson was a major loss to the entertainment community 'cause he inspired them to step up," Jermaine said in a pre-taped interview. "It just wasn't about the movement, it was about the feeling. There will only be one Michael Jackson forever."

"Michael liked all kinds of choreography. He liked 'Dancing With the Stars,' " La Toya revealed. "He was a fan of the show."

Dancer Karina Smirnoff noted that his influence was far-reaching. "He influenced not only dancing itself, but choreography. We lost not only an icon, but we lost the father of dance and choreography," she said.

La Toya introduced the tribute in a royal-blue gown, noting that her brother would be proud to see his legacy live on. The dancers, decked out in MJ garb, including short pants, white socks, single white gloves, red leather jackets and sparkles, kicked things off with the vintage Jackson 5 hit "I Want You Back."

They then slowed the pace down a bit with "Man in the Mirror," performing it as a very fluid ballroom dance mixed with ballet. Then came one of MJ's most iconic dance moments as the group danced to "Thriller," even reenacting the famous zombie dance moves from the video.

Dancer Cheryl Burke, who left the show after her partner, Tom DeLay, was injured earlier in the season, returned for the big tribute. In the days leading up to the show, she gushed to MTV News about the chance to honor her hero on "DWTS."

"He was a huge influence for me in my dancing career," she said. "I think a lot of us professional dancers can say the same. So we're really excited about it. ... 'Thriller' is one of my favorites of all time."

Don't miss "Michael Jackson's This Is It" Premiere Special, airing on MTV and VH1 on Tuesday, October 27 at 8:30 p.m. ET! "Michael Jackson's This Is It" opens in a limited engagement on October 27 and wide on October 28.

Check out everything we've got on "Michael Jackson's This Is It."

Tokio Hotel Recall Their Craziest Fan Encounters

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 02:01 AM PDT

The boys from Germany love their groupies, just not on the tour bus.
By James Montgomery, with reporting by Tim Kash


Tokio Hotel
Photo: MTV News

In case you weren't aware of this, Tokio Hotel have some rather dedicated fans, most of whom tend to be of the "young and female" variety. Now, when you consider that the guys in TH are all between 20 and 22 years old and spend an inordinate amount of time traveling from city to city (and hotel room to hotel room), often for just one night and — well, you can see where we're going with this.

If they wanted to, Tokio Hotel could take full advantage of their situation. They are twenty-something rock stars, after all.

"There were some girls, I think it was in Spain, and they were in the hotel before [drummer] Gustav [Schafer] was in," TH frontman Bill Kaulitz said. "He just came in the room, and they were lying on the bed, completely naked."

"Ask Gustav [what happened next]," Bill's brother Tom added. "I think he took the chance.

"We had a dirty session," Schafer said, with a knowing nod. "Very dirty."

Though these kinds of stories are just chapters in Tokio Hotel's ever-growing book of unbelievable tales, they're not exactly exchanging high fives about it. They're not groupie-hoarding, hotel-trashing, hard-partying rock demigods. Deep down, they're still sort of kids, and all this adulation is still rather overwhelming, so much so that they often need to distance themselves from it a bit, on the sanctuary of their tour bus.

"We made a rule as a band: We're not allowed to have a girl on the tour bus," Tom said. "I hate that rule."

"The tour bus is our only private place, it's our place to relax," explained bassist Georg Listing, the only member of the group with a girlfriend right now. "And it's really annoying if there's someone on there screaming all the time."

And, oh, that screaming. It never ends, no matter where Tokio Hotel go, no matter the time of day (or night). From the tour bus to the stage, the afterparty to the hotel room, they are constantly inundated by the squeals of their female fans. It's an ear-piercing reminder of their fame. But, somewhat surprisingly, they guys in TH don't seem to mind it. They love their fans, their eccentricities, their dedication to the band. And it's gotten to the point where they're able to categorize them — Tom's fans, at least.

"I think that Tom fans are more sexual," Bill laughed.

"Yah, that's very true," Tom added. "They know what they want."

Related Videos Related Photos Related Artists

Eminem's <i>Relapse 2</i> Is 'Comin' Out Good,' Just Blaze Says

Posted: 19 Oct 2009 10:30 PM PDT

'I've been quietly goin' back forth from New York to Detroit the past two months,' producer reveals.
By MTV News staff


Eminem
Photo: Michael Caulfield/ WireImage

Eminem has said that the forthcoming Relapse 2 will be more "emotionally driven," and pointed out that he's working with some new collaborators.

"[The album] is gonna be a lot different than people expect," Eminem said in an interview on his Shade 45 satellite-radio station last week. "As far as the contrast from the last album to this one, I got a couple of tracks with [D12's] Mr. Porter, two tracks with him so far. Four, possibly five with Just Blaze. The overall basis of this record, I went back to songs that are more emotionally driven. The last record I made, I think I was concentrating more on spitting. On this album, I feel like there's some of that, but I went back to songs with [feelings] to them as opposed to just rap records."

Blaze — who has worked in the past with Jay-Z, Kanye West, Usher, Mariah Carey, and many others — talked about working with Eminem during an interview with Distortion to Static that was posted on Monday.

"Now that he's put it out there, I am working with Eminem on his new album," Blaze said. "We are working on Relapse 2 pretty heavily. As of yesterday, we've done about six or seven records. I go back in with him in a couple of weeks and do three or four more maybe. I've been quietly goin' back forth from New York to Detroit the past two months, just gettin' a feel for it and gettin' a feel for working with each other. He hasn't worked with too many people outside his camp. I haven't worked with him before. We got a good working relationship now, a good friendship now, so the records is comin' out good."

While Eminem has kept a fairly low profile in the weeks since the first Relapse was released, he told Shady 45 that he'll decide whether to go on tour after the second album is released.

"During the process of me getting sober and starting to record again like I used to, I got so excited about making music again that I wanted to concentrate [just] on that," he said. "I started recording so many records that we thought about putting out two albums. Then that became my motivation. I wanted to stay grinding and keep making music. But the time I got engulfed in [Relapse 2], it just kind of worked out this way, where I wanted to fall back from live performances for right now and concentrate on making the best music I could make. After this record comes out, we'll see what happens from there."

Related Artists

Exclusive: Jason Derulo To Tour With Lady Gaga

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 03:18 AM PDT

Up-and-coming singer will join Gaga, Kid Cudi for second half of tour.
By Jocelyn Vena


Jason Derulo
Photo: Chelsea Lauren/ Getty Images

Lady Gaga will have another face joining her on the road for her upcoming Monster Ball Tour. In addition to Kid Cudi, Gaga will have "Whatcha Say" singer Jason Derulo on the bill for a select portion of the dates. Derulo spilled the beans to MTV News on Tuesday (October 20).

The tour kicks off on November 27 in Montreal, but Derulo will be supporting Gaga and Cudi starting on December 28 and will continue for the remaining dates on the tour, which wraps on January 21 in New York.

"I'm going on tour with Lady Gaga," he told MTV News. "I haven't spoken to her, no, but I'm on all the dates for that month."

Gaga, like Derulo, got her start as a songwriter before finding superstardom as a solo artist. So it almost seems fitting that a budding pop star would support the singer on her concert trek.

"I am a big Gaga fan," he said. "I was talking about being on that tour for a pretty long time and it's amazing that it actually just fell in my lap like that. I can't wait ... I'm super excited. I'm amped!"

As for any possible onstage collaborations, Derulo admits that he doesn't have a preference of Gaga songs he'd like to perform with the pop queen if asked. But he does have a Jason Derulo song that he thinks Gaga would be perfect for.

"That would be amazing. Maybe a Jason Derulo song," he said. "Absolutely, 'Love Hangover' would be perfect for her to join me on."

Related Artists

1 komentar:

wheigh mengatakan...

replica bags vuitton Extra resources v7j00c9d40 replica radley bags Bonuses e8k72h2q17 replica louis vuitton handbags replica bags koh samui replica bags forum hermes fake w9h10r8y36 replica bags online pakistan