Jumat, 24 April 2009

MTV News

MTV News

Eminem Says <i>Relapse 2</i> Is Almost Done

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 03:50 AM PDT

Next single from Relapse is slated to be "3 A.M."
By Jayson Rodriguez


Eminem
Photo: Kevin Mazur/ Getty Images

Eminem got into detail about his forthcoming album, Relapse, (due May 19) during an interview with Shade 45's Angela Yee on "The Morning After" Sirius satellite radio show on Thursday, explaining why the album will only feature Dr. Dre and 50 Cent as collaborators.

Dre produced the majority of the album, save for one track Em did himself. The rapper said Dre's handling the bulk of the production allowed him to experiment even more with his flow on this project, compared with his previous efforts.

"I really got a chance to step away from the boards," Em said. "I tried to pick the [Dre beats] that challenged me, rhythm-wise. I ended up experimenting with a bunch of different flows. I try to do that every album, but this time I had a chance to go all out with it. Make every flow different and pick unique beats."

(Em has also put together an elaborate viral campaign for Relapse.)

Following the release of "We Made You" earlier this month, the next single from Relapse is slated to be "3 A.M.," a darker selection on the album, according to Em. A video for the song was recently shot in Detroit and is rumored to be available later this week. Relapse 2, which Em has said he wants to release later this year, is also almost complete, he added.

"It's extremely close to being finished," he said of the sequel LP. "It just depends on how many songs I wanna put on it."

Green Day's 'Know Your Enemy' Video: Rock, Flames And More Flames!

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 09:01 AM PDT

Band keeps things straightforward for first video from 21st Century Breakdown.
By James Montgomery


Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong in the "Know Your Enemy" video
Photo: Warner Bros.

Mathew Cullen is a man of his word.

He's the guy who directed Green Day's much-anticipated "Know Your Enemy" video, and when MTV News spoke with him late last month, he had just wrapped shooting on the clip, which he described thusly:

"It was definitely the biggest video I've ever done. It has a lot of really big visuals, because I was trying to match the song, which is huge. ... The video is Green Day performing. There isn't another single person in it."

And he pretty much hit the nail on the head. The "Know Your Enemy" video is plenty big — wooshing helicopters and tracing searchlights and cavernous urban sprawl and fistfuls of flames. And it's also pretty basic: Green Day performing.

Of course, fans will lap it up: the guys returning after a long hiatus, looking lean and mean, sounding lock-step tight and hammer-heavy. That's a common theme on 21st Century Breakdown ... a surging, twisting stomper of an album, full of lightning-quick time changes and windmilling guitar lines and, like Cullen told us last month, he was just trying to pay tribute to those massive hooks by letting Green Day's performance speak for itself. His "Enemy" video certainly does that.

Its sentiments may lie in punk, but it is clearly an album influenced by classic rock: the flair of the Who's Pete Townshend, the rumble of Bruce Springsteen and the spirit of the Kinks' Ray Davies are readily apparent. The spit and venom of John Lydon isn't.

And the video's simplicity carries over to the album. After all, as the first single of a huge album, this thing could've been a special-effects enhanced, green-screen infused trainwreck. But instead, it's powerful and straightforward: Here's Green Day. They rock. Watch them do so. When the band is this good and the music so fist-pumpingly raucous, there's really nothing else you need to say.

Related Videos Related Artists

Eminem's Next Single, '3 A.M.,' Leaks Online

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 04:34 AM PDT

Rapper says darker track is representative of his Relapse album, due May 19.
By Jayson Rodriguez


Eminem
Photo: Interscope

With all the hoopla surrounding the release of Eminem's first solo album since 2004, it seems like everyone is forgetting about Slim Shady.

Well, Em's evil rhyme persona blasts his way back on the Detroit lyricist's "3 A.M.," a track from the upcoming Relapse that leaked online Thursday night (April 23). Over a menacing Dr. Dre beat, Shady exhibits a pronounced zigzag flow as he paints the picture of a fictional late-night homicidal crusade.

"I duck and I splash/ Lights and gas/ Last night was a blast/ I can't quite remember when I had/ That much fun with a half-pint of the Jack/ My last Vic and half/ A flashlight up Kim Kardashian's ass," the rapper spits on the third verse of the more-than-five-minute opus.

Eminem appeared on his Sirius satellite radio channel Shade 45 on Thursday morning and discussed his project. The rapper said Dr. Dre produced the majority of the album, with the exception of one track Em did himself. He said stepping away from the boards enabled him to play with his flow more, resulting in different rhyme styles from the rapper.

"I tried to pick the [Dre beats] that challenged me, rhythm-wise," Em said. "I ended up experimenting with a bunch of different flows. I try to do that every album, but this time I had a chance to go all out with it. Make every flow different and pick unique beats."

Em also confirmed that he had filmed a video recently for "3 A.M." The rapper said the clip was shot in Detroit and would be the next video from his project, which is due May 19. Em called the darker song more in line with what his album would sound like. The first single from the effort, "We Made You," is a spoof track that takes aims at celebrities.

Related Artists

Adam Lambert's Early Theater Years Give Him 'American Idol' Edge

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 01:16 AM PDT

Lambert's childhood theater mentor recalls how the natural performer got his start.
By Gil Kaufman


Adam Lambert
Photo: Michael Becker/ Getty Images/ Fox

There's a really good reason why Adam Lambert looks so comfortable on the "American Idol" stage: He's been there almost his entire life.

Not the actual "Idol" stage, but ones like it. The 28-year-old began his theater career at the Children's Theatre Network (now known as the Metropolitan Educational Theatre, or MET2) in his hometown of San Diego when he was just 8-years-old.

"He came in as a little squirt, maybe a third-grader and stayed with us through his teens," said Kathie Urban, the non-profit theater's executive producer, whose late husband, Alex H. Urban, was the first to spot and nurture Lambert's budding talents. The organization, which runs four children's theaters in Southern California, accepts aspiring young thespians with no auditions and puts on two to four full musicals a year.

"My husband was good at recognizing young talent and when he did he poured more of himself into those kids," said Urban. "There's a sparkle and a passion you see in the young people [like Lambert] that's in their eyes and body language, where you can tell they want to please you, and you can see they get a joy and excitement from doing it."

Over an eight-year stint at the children's theater, Lambert started out in the chorus of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown," then graduated to the lead in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." He starred as Huckleberry Finn in "Big River" and played both male leads in "The Secret Garden," which the theater produced after the Urbans saw the show on Broadway and Alex immediately thought of casting Lambert.

"I think he was always very comfortable in his skin and with who he was," Urban said. "On the stage, he always had great confidence. He was very focused and directed at what he wanted to do and being the best and excelling. ... I absolutely believe he was born to perform. He had that talent as a young man, and it just grew and grew as he grew up."

Though "Garden" was vocally challenging, Kathie said her husband was confident Lambert could handle it. And once he hit the stage, she recalled, the reaction was, "Oh my God, we had tears in our eyes."

The theater holds its young charges to a high standard, and Urban said Lambert always seemed very comfortable being on stage and loved doing the shows, which required him to sing in a variety of musical styles while honing his acting skills as well. And though he'd probably prefer she not mention it, Lambert was so versatile that he even played Peter Pan in a production, flying around the stage in a rigging for a part that's typically reserved for a woman with a much smaller frame.

Urban said that lots of performers who appeared on Broadway and in national tours, have graduated from her program, but Lambert is by far the most famous alumnus they've produced so far. Given the wealth of experience Lambert soaked up under the tutelage on the MET2 stage, Urban said the jump to "Idol" was a natural one, even if not everyone initially agreed.

"I know in the beginning, there was talk about how he's too musical theater and too over the top," she said. "And every week, I had to disagree, because I think his musical-theater background has helped to make him the incredible performer he is — and have the physicality onstage that's necessary to engage and audience."

Perhaps she's a bit biased. OK, she's admittedly way biased, but Urban thinks Lambert's finely honed talents are going to help him get to the winners' circle.

"I think there are some very talented young people in the running on 'American Idol,' " Urban said. "But Adam's whole physicality and his ability to draw you in and just everything he does — just exudes performance and entertaining ... and that's what I feel some of the other ones don't do. And his personality just beams of who he is."

Get your "Idol" fix on MTV News' "American Idol" page, where you'll find all the latest news, interviews and opinions.

Related Videos Related Photos

Mike Tyson 'Can't Afford To Slip' Back Into His Addictions

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 04:51 AM PDT

'I avoid all my pitfalls,' boxer says of his issues with drugs and sex.
By Eric Ditzian, with reporting by Josh Horowitz


Mike Tyson
Photo: MTV News

Mike Tyson's fall was swift. Once the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world and the idol of every kid with a copy of Nintendo's "Punch-Out," he ended up bankrupt and addicted to drugs and sex. But now he's sober and coming off a stellar showing at the Sundance Film Festival, where "Tyson," a documentary about his life, was widely acclaimed.

These days, when young boxers ask him to go out on the town, his answer is uncompromising: "If I go out with you, I'm going to die."

"I can't afford to slip," Tyson explained to MTV News. "I probably don't have another line of cocaine in me. I don't got another shot of Hennessy in me. I don't have another case of sex addiction in me."

But with the success of the documentary comes renewed worries about the slippery slope of fame and addiction. "I was planning on moving back to New York City," he said. "I got here, and there was just too much going on here for me. I don't want to lose my girlfriend. I don't want to lose my relationship with my children. I could easily come down here, and as I walk down the street, people tell me how much they love me, how great I am. If I allow myself to really absorb that and find myself being some omnipotent individual and really saying, 'The hell with my girlfriend, the hell with my kids, I'll see them when I see them, and it's all about me.' I try to keep it as humble as possible."

During the interview, Iron Mike was candid about the connection for him between infidelity and drug use. "Some people say marijuana's a gateway to cocaine or heroin," he said. "No. To me, sex is my gateway.

"If I put myself around a situation where I have women and I'm attracted to someone," Tyson continued, "if I cheat on my girlfriend, I'll have so much pain that I will get high to kill that pain. And once I start getting high, it's a snowball effect and I won't come home because I'll be living in another world.

"That hour of pleasure's gonna be worth losing my world over?" he asked, shaking his head.

Despite the renewed attention from fans and media, Tyson has managed to stay clean. "I'm doing good now," he said. "I avoid all my pitfalls. ... I'm not pious or anything. I'm not weak. But I just try to keep it humble."

Related Videos

'The Hills' Stars Heidi Montag And Spencer Pratt's Best TV Moments

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 03:50 AM PDT

Before their planned nuptials, we take a walk down memory lane with the couple known as Speidi.
By Jocelyn Vena


Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag
Photo: Miranda Penn Turin

In the world of Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag, almost every moment is television gold. So, with their much-anticipated wedding (yes, a real one) about to take place on Saturday (April 25), we thought we'd collect the best Speidi nuggets here for you.

When Spencer and Heidi first got together, they would hang out at Spencer's favorite restaurant, Don Antonio's, where Spencer first professed how much he cared for Heidi. "I couldn't be happier right now," he told her before asking her to move in with him.

Speidi have spent a lot of time in love, but they have also had some key breakups. There was the time that Heidi kicked Spencer out of their apartment, telling him, "If you leave, don't come back," and there was also the time that Spencer kicked Heidi out of his car.

At one point, things were so bad that Heidi gave her engagement ring back to Spencer. Of course, she eventually took him — and the ring — back.

The couple then eloped in Mexico, where Spencer told Heidi, "It's a secret Mexican wedding. It's for us." Upon returning home the couple wanted to make it official, but when they got to the courthouse they postponed it for a bigger ceremony, like the one expected to happen Saturday.

But what was the single moment that led to two near-weddings, one elopement in Mexico and a non-courthouse wedding in Los Angeles? Spencer's proposal to Heidi on the beach in Santa Barbara, California. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you," he said.

Now Speidi are preparing for their big wedding, which will be taped for "The Hills." On Tuesday at the Paley Center for Media event in Hollywood honoring "The Hills," the show's executive producers confirmed that they'd be filming Speidi's wedding this weekend. "It's a big, gigantic event that takes the two of them to pull off," executive producer Adam DiVello told the audience.

Related Videos Related Photos

Lil Rounds Confused By 'American Idol' Judges' 'Back And Forth' Advice

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 12:01 AM PDT

'They'd flip it and tell me to do the opposite,' castoff says of panel's conflicting critiques.
By Katie Byrne


Lil Rounds performs on Tuesday
Photo: Becker/ Getty Images

The "American Idol" judges hailed Lil Rounds as the second coming of Mary J. Blige throughout the early weeks of season eight, setting her up to be the show's next great diva, in the vein of Fantasia Barrino and Jennifer Hudson. But a funny thing happened on her way to the "Idol" finals — the judges jumped ship.

The mother of three didn't live up to their hype, and she was blasted yet again for her performance of Chaka Khan's "I'm Every Woman" and booted from the competition on Wednesday, along with Anoop Desai.

We caught up with the Memphis native to see what she thought of the judges' harsh words, why she felt the need to speak up on the show and more.

Q: The judges started out on your side and then turned on you a bit. What do you think brought that on?

A: I just feel like the judges gave their critiques based on how they felt the performance may have went. ... Whenever they gave me their comments, I always took them in stride, because I felt they were giving me constructive criticism to improve me. There were times I felt like they'd kind of go back and forth a bit, but it was OK because in the end, I wanted to take everything they gave me and push forward with it.

Q: What made you speak up last week after the judges' critiques?

A: I just felt like the judges, when they would give me their comments, it seemed like it started going back and forth. One week they would tell me one thing, and then the next week, the same thing they told me the week before, they'd flip it and tell me to do the opposite of that. I was kind of like, "I don't know which way to go!" I had to make it clear — not just to go toe to toe with Simon — but I just wanted America to really know that I really am an artist. If in any way I gave the vibe that I didn't know who I was or what I was trying to do as an artist, I was trying to let everybody know that I'm definitely an artist. ... I just had to tell them! [Laughs.]

Q: Do you think your comments affected the voting?

A: I'm not exactly sure, because America has been keeping me in for a while now, so I'm not sure if that made an impact on me staying another week or not, but I will say that I felt that America got the message that I wanted them to get. The judges are great, but I really came on this show for America.

Q: Did you have an idea that you'd be going home this week?

A: I actually kind of had a good feeling that it might have been time for me to get ready to go. I kind of started coping with the idea that I might be leaving before the show.

Q: Did you and Allison feel an extra push because you were the only two remaining women in the competition?

A: Me and Allison, we're two really strong girl singers, and I just knew that, regardless of whether we went out there and sung until our teeth fell out [laughs] or just gave it our all, I feel like America would see that we had great voices and they would vote. Being the last two women, we felt like we had to push it a little bit more. We did our thing.

Q: What made you choose "I'm Every Woman" for disco night?

A: I can remember when I was a little girl hearing that song, and I always wanted to sing it because I thought it was a women's anthem. So when I saw that I could sing that, I just went for it.

Get your "Idol" fix on MTV News' "American Idol" page, where you'll find all the latest news, interviews and opinions.

Related Videos Related Photos

Brody Jenner Won't Be Getting Spencer Pratt His Dream Wedding Gift

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 03:07 AM PDT

'I know he's probably gonna want guns, but I don't think I'll be getting him any guns,' the 'Bromance' star says.
By Jocelyn Vena


Brody Jenner
Photo: MTV News

Spencer Pratt's on-again, off-again bro, Brody Jenner, is looking forward to Saturday's real-deal nuptials between Spencer and his lady love, Heidi Montag, after a few false starts late last year.

"That's the word on the street," he told MTV News about the festivities. "Spencer and Heidi are getting married again. This is, like, the fifth time already. I'll be there."

Now Brody just has to worry about a wedding gift. But "The Hills" and "Bromance" star admits that he's probably not going to get Spencer his dream gift.

"I know he's probably gonna want guns, but I don't think I'll be getting him any guns," he said. "I'll probably get him maybe a BB gun — nothing that shoots real bullets. I know that's what he wants, so I'm going to give him something a little less [dangerous]."

A BB gun is just one of the gift ideas that the "Hills" castmembers have been floating around the last few days. Stephanie Pratt, Spencer's sister, was going to hit up her local Brookstone for the big present.

"They haven't gotten me a birthday present," she teased, adding that she would get them "something practical."

Speaking of practical, if Lauren Conrad was going to attend the wedding — which she isn't — she'd be getting the pair "flatware."

On Tuesday at the Paley Center for Media event in Hollywood honoring "The Hills," the show's executive producers confirmed that they'd be filming the wedding this weekend. "It's a big, gigantic event that takes the two of them to pull off," exec producer Adam DiVello told the audience.

Related Videos Related Photos

Ex-Danity Kane Member D. Woods Talks 'Making The Band' Reunion

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 03:07 AM PDT

'You gotta be ready for anything,' singer says.
By Jocelyn Vena


D. Woods
Photo: Chelsea Lauren/ WireImage

Anything is possible when the "Making the Band" live season finale airs Thursday night (April 23), especially since the girls of Danity Kane are expected to reunite for the first time after Diddy's firing of everyone in the group except Dawn Richard.

"I don't know what will happen," D. Woods, who was fired by Diddy at the end of last season, told MTV News. "I think in this reality-show game you gotta be ready for anything. I'm coming in with my positive energy. I'm excited to let people know what I'm doing and where I've been. And that's really all I can plan for anything else I can't control."

D. Woods doesn't know if Shannon Bex will be back for the big reunion — Bex has been noticeably MIA since both Aubrey O'Day and Woods were fired from the band last season, and she opted not to return this season before getting fired last week.

Many fans hope that since all (or most) of the girls will be present at the finale, there is a good chance that the group will set their old feelings aside and start fresh as Danity Kane. But before Woods would make the decision to come back, the girls would definitely have to talk things out.

"I would have to say we need to have a real conversation about what making it work means ... if you don't really address the problems, you'll be in the same predicament," she explained. "You have to be sober about making these decisions."

Related Artists

Eminem Says He'd Collaborate With Lil Wayne

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 11:52 PM PDT

Em also cites T.I., Kanye West as rappers he respects.
By Jayson Rodriguez, with additional reporting by Shaheem Reid


Eminem
Photo: Universal

Eminem's a popular guy in hip-hop circles nowadays, with Rick Ross calling on Slim Shady to collaborate — or battle! — with him, and there's been Lil Wayne's constant request to work with the Detroit lyricist. Weezy has even said Eminem has been dodging him.

But when asked whether he'd work with Wayne by Shade 45's Angela Yee on "The Morning After" Sirius satellite radio show on Thursday, Em said, "I would. There hasn't really necessarily been a time for me to go to collaborate and sh-- lately, because I been so locked down in the studio. But I'm open for whatever. There's a lot of rappers in the game I respect, especially right now."

Em went on to again cite Lil Wayne and T.I., as he did in his recent XXL magazine cover story, as rappers he respects. He also named Kanye West, saying he "likes [Kanye] a lot" as an artist.

Earlier this week, Rick Ross talked to MTV News about working with Em in some capacity.

"I mean, I'm a fan of Eminem," Ross said. "I'm a fan first and foremost. But after defeating [50 Cent in their recent verbal feud, which Ross claims to have won], my confidence is at an all-time high. Maybe before I wouldn't have challenged him, but I'm contemplating it now."

Ross said opposing Em in a lyrical back-and-forth would stir his adrenaline more than his beef with 50 Cent.

"I think he's a bigger and better artist than what [50] is," Ross said. "So if I was looking to fulfill that excitement or that rush, that's who I have to address."

Eminem's next LP, Relapse, is slated for release on May 19. The album includes his recent single and video, "We Made You."

Related Artists

2 komentar:

sosa mengatakan...

More Bonuses louis vuitton replica look at more info Ysl replica blog here buy replica bags online

sought mengatakan...

i thought about this her comment is here Home Page published here read review go